Welcome to the Department of Neighborhood Development Services. Our mission is to:
• Advance the community’s visions through current and long range planning
• Provide for the safety, health and welfare of the citizens of North Port
• Maintain and enforce building codes
• Provide permitting, inspection and licensing needs of residents, contractors and developers.
• Provide landscaping and custodial services for the City Hall complex and other City facilities.
The Department is comprised of four Divisions:
Planning and Zoning
Property Standards (Code Enforcement)
Neighborhood Development Services’ maintains the highest standards of managerial excellence to achieve the fastest and most efficient development process in the State of Florida. The City Commission and City Manager recognize and promote the education and advancement of Neighborhood Development Services' employees to maintain this high standard of excellence.
The Department’s Director, Scott Williams, began his tenure with the City in September 1987 and was promoted to the Building Director in March, 1994. In 2006, the Departments of Planning and Community Development and Building were combined to create the Neighborhood Development Services Department and Mr. Williams was appointed as Director.