The Human Resources Department is committed to providing City employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth.
With a dedicated staff of 7 full time employees, we continue to support a Citywide workforce of approximately 580 through a variety of programs and services, including:
- Recruitment and retention
- Benefits Administration
- Performance management
- Personnel policy research and development
- Employee outreach and recognition
- Labor contract coordination
- Personnel file maintenance and public records request tracking
- Training and development
- Safety and risk management
- Workers' compensation
- Administration of the City's general liability/property insurance coverage.
Three unions represent the bargaining unit employees: Police Benevolent Association (PBA), International Firefighters Association (IAFF), American Federation of State, County, Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
The City of North Port participates in:
Location: City Hall, 2nd Floor, 4970 City Hall, Blvd., North Port FL 34286 (map it)
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
For information call our HR HOTLINE at (941) 429-7200 or e-mail us.